Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Hello and Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I hope you had a lovely weekend. The weekend started off a little chili, so I made some chili! We found "cold weather" food tastes the best when the weather is a little cold here. So after I felt the cool air outside on Saturday, I made some chili - it was scrumptious!  I added sour cream and some cheese to make me feel like I am eating it at a cafe somewhere.




We had a wonderful Sunday visiting Sanibel Island and visited our favorite little food stand Schnapper's for lunch. The island was busy which it usually is on the weekends. Sometimes Schnappers has a long line out the door, but we must have gone at the perfect time because we ordered our food right away and were even able to sit on one of the picnic tables. We didn't go out to the beach on Sanibel Island as the parking is very limited but we enjoyed the scenery and time for relaxation.
I saw some beautiful flowers around my community, which all happened to be pink. Flowers have always been one of my favorite things, as I said in some earlier postings, when I used to paint and draw in art class I always added in some flowers. Back to the pink thing. We do have other colors of flowers around here, but it must be pink season which goes nicely with Valentine's Day! Pretty soon the trees with yellow flowers and orange flowers should be blooming and I will be sure to capture them for you to see.


Bougainvillea plant


Pink Oleander


Of course I also added to my own flower collection inspired by Lucy's post at Attic 24. I am not sure if I will make it into a shawl/shrug or if I will make it into a blanket. Maybe I will make both. I love making them, they look so nice in person, I don't think the photo shows their true beauty. I am using Vanna's Choice yarn because it is the yarn with the most color variety I have on hand.




Well, I will stop going on and on about flowers and get back to work. I hope you have a fabulous Monday
XOXO Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment