Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crochet Candy Cane Scarf, Christmas Cookies, and Christmas Flowers

Happy Wednesday!

Today was my first official day of break since all grades were due and submitted online by noon yesterday. My list of things to do while off is increasing like clean out closets, go through cabinets, etc., etc. but I will not be doing anything until I finish my mom's candy cane scarf. 


Right now the scarf is over halfway done. I am doing double crochet clusters of threes, 13 clusters across (wide). Two rows of each color at a time. I was thinking it may be a little too wide but my mom thought it was the perfect width, so it will be perfect for her.


I also started some Christmas cookies, which usually I make much earlier. Better late than never? I usually like to make a variety and give tins of cookies to some friends around town. The first batch were peanut butter blossoms. A peanut butter cookie ball and a Hershey's chocolate kiss on top.
These ones are made with Bisquick instead of flour and are DELICIOUS!


My only problem is the cookie part cracks when I put the kiss on top. Does anyone know why this happens? Are they too dry? They are nice and moist though, and taste delicious.


And, here is a Christmas bouquet I picked picked up at the grocery store (Publix). I thought they were great to remind me Christmas is coming and I need to finish those cookies up ASAP (as soon as possible).  As Christmas becomes only 3 days away tomorrow, I need to finish the rest of the cookies and frost some cookie cut outs.


I hope your holiday preparations are coming along nicely and you are able to find joy in the season. Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate it!
xoxo Susan

4 comments:

  1. I am just now officially on break myself. And yes. The list of things to accomplish gets very, very long. I think I am reaching for pie in the sky at this point. But we shall see. Hopefully the week after Christmas affords me a bit more time for things like cleaning out the guest room/craft room. It has gotten quite awful in there haha.

    The candy cane scarf is beautiful!I love the cluster pattern you are using. Makes it seem very luxurious. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scarf - so Christmassy! Happy Christmas to you and yours!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf! It does look time consuming with the color changes, but it's beautiful! I've never had Kiss Cookies that weren't cracked- I thought they were supposed to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarf, your Mom is going to love it. I need to pick up some flowers thanks for reminding me. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete