Monday, April 4, 2011

White Centers

Hello Lovelies,

I am working away at the Japanese blanket and have it just about done... but I will wait for tomorrow to share the final photos with you! I liked the blanket right from the start but now that even more of it is complete and I can drape it around me and cover myself up with it, I simply LOVE it. I hate to part with it, but I am sure the new owner will love it too. I used Caron One Pound for the white centers because I had a big one pound skein of it and thought I would use it for this project. The Caron one pound yarn is very stiff -  at least it is right now before washing it. For the petals I used Vanna's choice so the petals are very soft. I think the combination works well and is cheaper than using Vanna's choice for the white centers too.




I started off by making one white center and petals to see how the flower looked and felt in the beginning. Then, I would make a few white centers at a time then add the petals and connect them. I was weaving in the ends as I went because I wanted to see how the flowers looked cleaned up. After about half of the blanket was done, I left the ends out to get the bulk of the blanket complete (remember my timeline was getting a little strict!). Last night I wove the ends in while watching Celebrity Apprentice with J, so it took a little over 2 hours to weave in the ends for about 40 flowers.

My friend Anna and her husband are expecting a baby this November and I can't wait to get started on a baby blanket for them. I am thinking of using the Circle of Friends pattern with 8 squares. They are not sure yet what the sex of the baby is so once we hear the news I will get right to work. Well I am off, this is a busy time of the semester, only 3 weeks left... can you believe it?!
xoxo Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment