Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cutest Baby Hats Ever?

Good Afternoon Friends, 

Do you remember when I first started my blog back in January and I made my little new born hats and a special one specifically for baby McKenna? Well McKenna's mommy told me she will be getting her 4 month old photos taken very soon and it got me thinking about her need for a cute hat for her photoshoot. I set out in making the cutest hat for McKenna to wear in her photos. So I searched around and saw plenty of cute caps for kids.

Some were monkeys like this one, others were flowery, which as you know I am always a fan of flowers. But, I really loved the owl hats the best. Since I am not very good at following patterns, I decided to give it a shot and try to create my own owl hat for McKenna.




The hat is not complete yet, I still have to add little ears, connect the eyes and beak and add strings to the ear flaps. What do you think? I was going to wait until after I finished it to share but I was afraid the day would end before I got to it later. I have some little kids on my street who I hope to try it on and take some photos. I was able to pop it on a couple heads yesterday before to make sure the size was sufficient and check for ear flap placement.

I hope you are having a fabulous weekend,
xoxo Susan

2 comments: