Friday, August 12, 2011

Mango Mania

Hello Friends,

This was an unexpectedly busy week and I have a lot of catching up to do in blogland reading. I will be stopping by your blogs this weekend to see what you have been up to. This week was my first week back on contract for the fall semester. Fall! I cannot believe the fall semester is here already. I enjoy all of the seasons but I especially love the fall colors, scents and feel. We do not really have an autumn season where I am in Florida so I have to simulate the season change with fall scented candles and colors.

Before we get into the fall feel, we need to enjoy the summer fun. J and I went to the Mango Festival in our home city. We were slightly disappointed in the festival overall, but it was nice to see some mangos.



 There were not a lot of mangoes a the festival. This was about it. One tent with some mangoes around. We did get some good BBQ pulled pork sandwiches!


The temperature was in the high 90s and the heat index was well over 100 degree so we made it a short stop. Here is a pony I snapped  a photo of on my way out.


The majority of festivals and outdoor events in Florida do not occur in June, July or August because of the heat. Unlike places up north, we usually enjoy outdoor festivals September through May, the other nine months of the year. Unfortunately, the mangoes are ripe and ready to go during the hot summer days, so the Mango Festival will always occur during the scorching hot days of the summer. Hopefully next year our backyard mango tree will produce some mangoes for us!

Have a Fabulous Friday,
xo Susan

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan dear!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to put comments on all your posts, because it's only during weekends that I can read blogs and do my blogging.

    Like you, we don't have autumn/fall here in the Philippines, but I love it that season, specially the colors/shades, it's awesome!

    Happy weekend my dear!

    Hugs,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beginning to feel a bit like Autumn here in North West England- the nights are definitely drawing in. It always comes far too soon here! I would love to have mangoes in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!
    Cant believe you're talking about fall! (Or autumn to us Brits!)
    Yet there was a definite hint of autumn in the air here early this morning, and even though its sunny today its not the intense heat of a hot July day.
    Love the cute hats in your last post!

    ReplyDelete