Saturday, July 9, 2011

Grannys and Owls

Hello Friends,

As always, thank you for stopping by :) I would also like to thank everyone for your advise on the Japanese flower scarf for my mom. One row it will be, unfortunately I stitched two flowers in the second row already so I have to find my woven ends and relocated them. I have gotten much better at weaving in the ends so my job will be a little tricky. An update on that will be coming soon.

I decided to join Angie's Giant Granny Challenge over at Le Monde de Sucrette. My granny is starting a little bit later than the rest, so I am trying to make it grow as much as I can this weekend.



I started the granny with scraps that I had and now I wish I would have started the center with a warmer color, but I think the dusty light blue will be alright. I want to make this a bright colorful giant granny :)

No real news to share for this weekend. We finally have some good rain falling over the last few days. The pond in the backyard is slowly started to fill up to somewhat normal levels. The best part about the rain in Florida is the sun that shines bright after. Hopefully I can snap a shot of a rainbow to share.

Since I still can't stop, I made a few more owls hats too...


For a little baby

I really love the closed eye owls. There is something about the eyelashes and the sleeping look that is so cute! Instead of the little streamers for the ears I tried little points (these were a little tricky for me).

The blue one was made by holding two pieces of yarn together so this hat is much thicker than the others.



Well I hope your weekend is going well. I am trying to get in as much reading and crochet time as I can. Have a fabulous Sunday tomorrow!
xoxo Susan

2 comments:

  1. Love the big granny square and can't wait to see your finished scarf.
    have a great weekend,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous owls, now following :) xx Ava

    ReplyDelete