Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Good Morning

Good Morning Friends,

I started a new project with our favorite Japanese flower pattern. Since finishing the blanket for my brother and his wife, I have not crocheted any flowers. My mom has not made any requests since I started crocheted back in January and when I was in Buffalo I asked her what I could make for her and she asked for a scarf. About 6 years ago before I moved to Florida, my mom started knitting again. She made me a beautiful green scarf which was extra great during St. Patrick's Day, which is a holiday taken very seriously in South Buffalo.
Anyways, she told me the different color jackets/coats she wears and I decided she needs two different scarves!  So the first one is underway...
  





Since my mom wants it to be a scarf (not a shawl like scarf), I am thinking just 2 rows of about 9 or 10 flowers? I will take some measurements once I have 18 flowers together and see how long it is and how it feels. For her second scarf  I am thinking hexagons. I saw some neat scarves with smaller sized hexagons.

Have a fabulous week friends,
xoxo Susan

3 comments:

  1. That looks like its going to be beautiful- I bet your Mother will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I made a Japanese flower scarf with one row, but the flowers were big so it was perfect. I wear it all the time and get raving compliments on it. Try one row first so it isn't too wide. Your colors are beautiful.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of colors Susan, they are pretty. Looking forward for your finished scarf for your mother.

    I'm very sorry for being able to leave comments on your posts regularly since it's now only during weekends that I can read blogs.

    Take care & hugs to you :-)

    ReplyDelete