Friday, January 28, 2011

Rippling into the Weekend

It looks like we are in for a perfect winter weekend in Florida - not too warm with highs in the low 70's and cooler nights. Perfect for playing tennis and reading on the lanai. This is my favorite time of the year in Florida, the sun feels the best when it is January and you can smell the fresh air. Spring really is around the corner here! As I walked from the parking lot to my office building on campus, I could smell the fresh cut grass. The smell always reminds me of elementary school - I can picture my third grade classroom, sitting at my little desk and looking out the window while the custodian cut the grass. It reminds me of spring!


I'll be working on my ripple blanket this weekend. Hopefully it will double in size! At some points the pattern seems to be a little off due to the flipping of the front to back.

When I am done, I may play around with the number of stitches in between each curve. For now, I think the curves are turning out all right! I am using Lion Brand Vanna's Choice and I must say, I really like the feeling of it. The blanket feels nice and soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment