Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cupcake Caps!!! - More Caps for Good

After seeing my co-worker Gil's knitted cupcake cap, I searched http://www.raverly.com/ for a pattern I could crochet. I found a pattern on raverly and made a little cupcake hat.


For the bottom of the hat, the pattern does not specify the wide or length. I chained 8, and added one (+1), then sc across (8 sc for each row). If you have a child in mind, you should measure his/her head and then do about an inch less (the yarn will stretch some) so you have a nice fit. I used H/8 - 5.00mm hook, and the Red Heart Super Saver yarn as suggested in the pattern.    


I chained 8, and added one (+1), then sc across (8 sc for each row, then chain 1 flip and 8 sc across)

If you have a child in mind, you should measure his/her head and then do about an inch less (the yarn will stretch some) so you have a nice fit. I completed 38 rows for the hat I made. For the sprinkles: I used short pieces (~ 6 inches) of yarn and chained three, connect the first chain to the third with a slip stitch and then pulled the yarn through making a sloppy shapped piece. I connect the sprinkles with three knots inside the hat. AND...topped the cupcake with a cherry on top making a red pom pom.
Happy stitching!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment