Thursday, August 9, 2012

Getting Ready for the Baby!

Hello Friends,

My crocheting still has not progressed as much as I have hoped but I was able to get some major yarn deals at Joann Fabrics last week. I dropped my hubby off at the airport and figured I would make a quick stop at the larger Joann's store in my area. I have not purchased any yarn since January due to moving and being pregnant, etc. - so it has been over 7 months since I bought any! Maybe that has played in a role in not crocheting lately. When you buy it you want to use it. However, I had a very large stash before purchasing a bunch more at Joanns...




So, I originally wanted to stop at Joann's to get some buttons for the little sweater I was working on for Baby M. Remember this?


But I couldn't leave without looking and touching some yarn. As I entered the yarn section, I noticed some clearance bins. I also saw yellow signs stating to check for clearance items throughout the aisle. Well, ALL of the Debbie Stroller yarn was $0.97!!! I still had skeins of it from my clearance purchases at A.C. Moore when they got rid of their selection of DB yarn at the end of 2011. But when it was on clearance at A.C. Moore it was not as cheap as this! So I knew what I had to do...



Less than a dollar a piece! So naturally I had to buy just about all of the DS yarn and then a few of the discountined Vanna's Choice in Antique Rose and some others here and there that looked like they may be nice.

I also grabbed some clearance knitting needles, regular (?), DPN and circular so I can be prepared to really go after knitting some lovely things for Baby M.


So now I just need to get down to work and crochet. I have a friend coming over Saturday who is brand new to crocheting and needs some guidance. So I plan to spend Saturday crocheting and having some fun making baby things.

We are now 57 days until the due date! Here is a sneak peak of her room:

I hope you are having a fabulous week. Tomorrow is Friday! And I WILL be back with another post tomorrow.

xoxo Susan

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome deal on that yarn! I would have bought it all. Our Joann's here is pretty small. They don't have a great yarn selection.

    The baby room is so cute! I love the wall art. I hope these last days go smoothly for you. I'm only 20 weeks along and can't wait to meet the baby. We find out tomorrow if it's a boy or girl.

    Have fun with all your new yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of all that yarn at such a great price. I just went to Joanns today to look for Debbie Stoller yarn to make the Sidewalk Shawl (found on stitchnationyarn.com/Patterns/sidewalk-shawl.html) it takes 6 skeins but there were none to be found. I am using Vickie Howell Sheepish instead. Hopefully it will turn out okay. Love the babies room, ver cheerful and fun.
    Hope you are feeling good.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find!!! I would have done the same thing and I am a thready..Your daughter's room looks awesome. Love the wallart. Looking foward to more post to see what you do with all the yarn. Blessings

    ReplyDelete