Friday, May 13, 2011

New Project

Hello,

Thanks for visiting! I appreciate the nice comments on my white cotton cardigan. I might wear it to a party tomorrow evening.
Now, I am trying to decide what I want to do with this chair. I picked this up for $5.99 at the local charity shop and was very excited to paint it and crochet something for the seat cover. This is my first furniture piece. I was initially thinking I would paint the chair white, but I am open to any suggestions. At first, I thought hexagons for the seat cover, but again, I am open to other motifs. What do you think?



I do not have a specific place I am planning to put this chair, which is probably why I am having difficulty deciding what to do with it. Maybe some blue colors for the seat cushion. We are supposed to have a somewhat rainy weekend here which I am looking forward to. The rain will give me an excuse to be inside and crochet away and read books. 

I mentioned I started another sweater. The scarf-magic jacket (but without the scarf component) from the March 2011 Crochet Magazine (Crochet!) is the pattern I am following. I  am having major issues with the gauge and number of stitches suggested by the pattern. I already went down to the smallest hook possible for me to use with normal yarn and the chain size for a small comes out several inches longer than needed.


For now, I unraveled what I had and I am going to use the small shell stitch but wing it myself. I will write my steps down as I go to try to capture my pattern. We'll see how it turns out!
Have a fabulous Friday,
xoxo Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment