Sunday, May 1, 2011

Getting ready to start the week!

Hello Lovelies,

This was an interesting day. I flew to Washington, D.C., our nationa's capital, to review grants for the U.S. Department of Education. My seat on the plane allowed me to see great views of the capital city as we descended into the city. Right before landing at Reagan National Airport we flew over Arlington National Cemetery. I visited the cemetery before and even planted a tree there in 1994, but seeing the cemetery from a live bird's eye-view was certainly humbling.



I had been reviewing grants all of last week preparing for the on-site reviews, so after I arrived this evening I was only able to check into my room and unpack a little bit before preparing for tomorrow.

However, later this evening the U.S. news reported that Osama Bin Laden is dead. What better place to be than the nation's capital for this news!! BUT, the President is currently an hour late to make this statement to the public. I hope your week starts off great.
More soon,
xoxo Susan

2 comments:

  1. And the news were confirmed, I'm listening to his statement on CNN (DNA confirmed, they say). Yes, you were definitely at the right place at the right time :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, I just returned from Washington. Perhaps we passed eachother at Reagan International Airport. Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete