Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Infinity Scarf Complete! with Lion Brand Amazing Yarn

Hello Friends,
Thank you for stopping by. I finished the Infinity Scarf!!! The scarf took 2 skeins of Lion Brand Amazing Yarn in Arcadia (the name of the color). Overall this scarf was a joy to make. I can work on a pattern/tutorial if anyone is interested in the pattern. Many people have commented asking if it gets cold enough here in Florida for me to need a scarf. The answer is no (haha). Maybe one or two days where a scarf is really needed, but we do get some cold weather and the last few years we had temperatures go under the freezing point. In general, we do not really need wool scarves here.

Luckily I grew up in western New York and travel up there each holiday season, and all of my family is up there so plenty of people I can make some scarves for. I also travel for work sometimes and usually my travel is to colder places.

The scarf consisted of five "clusters" across for the width and 33 rows. I made as many rows as the yarn would allow.

One side

Other side



Since this is called the Infinity Scarf and supposed have a variety of different ways it can be worn, I tried to see how it would look in different formations. First, just once around the neck and hanging long.
 
Doubled up as a cowl - I think this is my favorite!


When it is very cold and the wind and snow are blowing you can use it to cover your face.


Over the shoulders. A wider look, more like a shawl? sort of?


If the wind is blowing and your ears are getting cold you can pop it over your head.


I am very happy with the way this scarf turned off. I will be mailing it out to my dear friend Sarah T. (as long as she wants it) who recommended me looking into the Infinity Scarf. I already purchased some more Amazing Yarn  in some other colors to make some more. The Amazing Yarn was on sale at A.C. Moore this week and the sale was ending today, A.C. Moore also sent me a coupon via email to get $5 off if I spent $20 or $10 off if I spent $30. Since spending $30 gives a better bang for your buck, I purchased 7 skeins and was able to get each one for around $3.08 per skein which is more than half off of the regular price!

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I will have to make one, you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job and I just know your friend will love it. I am laughing at the scarf shots with the white t-shit. But today it is almost chilly wouldn't you agree? Love a shot of all your new yarn,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Please make a tutorial! This scarf is exquisite. I love the versatility of how you can wear it, too. Happy day to you and congrats on a job beautifully done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous - I would love to know how you did it. I am thinking of starting on a scarf / cowl soon! You have inspired me to definitely add it to my (very long!) list of things I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what a beautiful scarf, nice nice yarn and lovely colours! I'd try to crochet one for me like yours.
    <kind regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥ ~ ❀ ~ ♥ ~ ❀
    nice!
    I love´t
    from Chile
    c@
    ♥ ~ ❀ ~ ♥ ~ ❀

    ReplyDelete